Street team: a modern version of a credible "cool" field marketer with the ability to create hype for your artist (brand/song/book) through credible peer-to-peer interactions and viral word-of-mouth influence marketing (Wikipedia)
Sound like you? Are you modern? Cool? Do you like books?
SORRY, STREET TEAM APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED AT THIS TIME. THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO APPLIED.
Then, we (myself and four other rockin Young Adult fiction authors: Laura Anderson Kurk, Jennifer Murgia, Stephanie Morrill and Rajdeep Paulus) want you. We are launching a new line of edgy, emotional young adult reads throughout 2013, and we’re searching for readers, like you, to be our street team.
I was blessed to be on Mary De Muth’s launch team for her recent book release, Everything. I expected to and loved reading her inspiring book for free before the rest of the world, but the impact the communication with Mary and the community of readers had on me blew me away.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
1. You get free books. I repeat you get free books. Authors will send you the PDF’s of their latest young adult novels prior to their release.
2. You’ll be admitted into our secret society, learn our secret handshake, etc. Okay it’s really a Facebook group, but there you’ll have real access to the authors and find a community of readers like yourselves.
3. In exchange for the free books, let people know about them, loudly and clearly. Tell your friends, Pin the covers on your Pinterest boards or post them on Instagram, tweet, FB post, do whatever you do when you’re excited or intrigued by something to let your peeps know what you’re up to.
If so, go to the CONTACT LAURA tab at the top of my site and give me your:
· Favorite book
· Favorite author
· Number of Facebook friends
· Number of Twitter followers
· Number of Instagram followers
· Number of people following your Pinterest boards
Our group of authors will select the final street team. You'll be contacted individually, and the fun begins.
This is your chance to be part of something bigger, and did I mention the free books?
Laura L. Smith