It’s a loaded word. For some reason, on Valentine’s Day we tend to focus on the “romantic” type of love, and therefore, Valentine’s Day can be emotional. But regardless of your Facebook status, you are loved by the coolest being ever, by the Creator of the Universe.
God created YOU in His very image. Amazing! This means in His eyes you are perfection.
To celebrate this day of love, I give my gift of love to you – chocolate. Chocolate contains phenylethylamine, (aka "the love drug) a chemical causing blood pressure and blood-sugar levels to rise, resulting in a feeling of alertness and contentment. Chocolate quickens your pulse like the feeling of love. Not to mention, it’s downright delicious. Hopefully these easy brownies will quicken your pulse or someone you love’s pulse today.
½ cup butter
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (I use 2 squares Baker’s)
1 cup sugar
1 t. vanilla
¾ cup flour (I bake gluten free, so I use ¾ cup brown rice flour)
red raspberries (save these for last)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Melt the butter and chocolate in a glass bowl in the microwave.
3. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla and stir. When combined add flour and combine.
4. Spread batter into greased 9x9x2 pan
5. Bake for 27 minutes
6. Lick spoon and bowl
1 cup powdered sugar
½ stick softened butter
2 t. raspberry extract
1. Mix together in bowl
2. When brownies are done baking and have cooled, spread on top.
3. Lick spoon and bowl.
4. Top each brownies with one red raspberry
5. Perfection - just like you!
So, hope, faith love abide, but the greatest of these is love
1 Corinthians 13:13
How are you spending Valentine's Day?
Laura's Recent Coverage in ...